what twixsleepyhead does other than sleeping

Saturday, September 11, 2004

SPLURGE WEEK

As Patt said, normally, we spend nothing during workdays except for our Wednesday morning breakfast, but not this week. Should I blame Mia? Since she came to our office, the fun and mini-adventures never end. I mentioned in my previous entries how serious people were in the office... their conversations and all those stuff are all adult-ish. Since Patt came along, I started laughing out loud with small pointless things. And now that Mia came, life seems to be back in those good old college days… where life is concern-free.
Going back to that splurge thing,… twice this week, Mia did not bring packed lunch and was able to influence me to get our drive-through food in Libis. And of course, Patt and I had our Wednesday breakfast in Starbucks. Then Friday came, we decided to postpone our lunch delivery day since we already spend a lot within the week. I was almost done with lunch when Mia suddenly though of the idea of getting some dessert. I joined her wishful thinking of having sweets. I though we will only end up dreaming, but she pushed it to become a reality. We attempted to get our sundaes in McDonald’s within the 30-minute remaining lunch break. It was unusually traffic at that time. Instead of going all the way down to Libis, we ended up entering the St. Ignatius side gate, toured Patt to see Chico’s colorful house, and bought sweet stuff at Dexter’s. So near yet so far. We were a car away from the gate in our office when we were stuck in traffic. They had an idea to call Mang Tony’s cell for a valet service. Anyway, he’s just there hangin’ around. (Mang Tony is our boss’s driver.) We just laughed at that idea of leaving my car to Mang Tony and run to get to the office on time. Yes, we were late. But we were able to swipe our time cards before we left for dessert. It was drizzling when we arrived and started running towards the rear door, being watched by Mang Tony, who’s laughing out loud. Splurge week wasn’t over yet. I was home finally, staring at nowhere, when Patt called me. She had Mia drop her off at Outback’s while she waits for her driver. She’s another B.I. She invited me to join her. I can’t refuse! I haven’t had my dinner yet and I gave in to that temptation.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Joyce! Wow, three girls having fun in the office.:) Saya nun.:) Pakisabing hi na lang kina Mia at Patt from me!:D

    By Blogger mush, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home