what twixsleepyhead does other than sleeping

Saturday, September 18, 2004

KAIN NG KAIN ULIT THIS WEEK

There’s nothing really spectacular early this week except my continuous overtimes ‘till 10pm or even later. But everything was paid off by the girls lunch out on a beautiful Wednesday. By saying girls, I’m referring to me, Patt, Mia, Cherry the receptionist and of course, Ma’am Annie who declared this treat. We tried this Japanese restau at the newly opened Metrowalk along Meralco Avenue. Food is really great, specially the Philadelphia maki, as in Philadelphia cheese in a Japanese food. We were so stuffed that we discarded the idea of having dessert at Ice Mosnter. I really appreciate my boss for rewarding efforts. More than that, I really like the bonding activity knowing that my boss is very down to earth regardless of what she has already achieved. After that fast gimik, I then realized that the office is not a man’s world anymore.

It was Thursday morning in the conference room, where Mia, Patt and I were working. We started sharing stupid dilemmas in life… things that we cannot share with our other officemates. I shared my dilemma on having delayed laundry turnovers that sometimes, while I’m rushing in the morning, I will open my closet and find out that there were no more undies in stock. Now I have a crowd in the office who could listen to those kind of unreal concerns in life. Wala lang.

After work, we went to our old territory – Katipunan. We met at Tia Maria’s with college friends– Mak, Betty, Nick and Janrey. They’re all feasting with beers while I enjoy my can of coke. It’s nice to be with them once again. Nothing seems to change.

For the first time, I was able to swipe my card at exactly 6pm. We were relatively free last Friday after the submission. While I still have to pack my things, I went to the Bundy clock and swiped my card just for the sake of having one record of 6pm. That could be the first and the last 6pm swipe. Who knows? Then I gave my car keys to my boss’s driver who volunteered to maneuver the car so that I can just drive straight out of the gate. Speaking of free valet services. Finally after work, I was able to get rid of my skirt and change to jeans before I fetch Panny at Shang. I decided hang around for a while since it’s really traffic on my way there. I was drooling over expensive shoes I cannot buy. But at least Panny and I were able to get cool cheapo suits at Rustan’s. I had my serious gray suit while she bought a lemon yellow one. Lemon yellow?! But it’s really cute.

Today, Saturday, is the last day of our Studio Viz class. As our celebration, we ate at Rasa, the same Singaporean restau in Araneta. Their roti is really great. And of course, I really love their very fragrant Hainanese rice. For dinner, Panny and I tried Jack’s loft along Wilson Avenue. Food is better in the other branch. And,… the interiors really suck! It’s basically a decorated bodega-looking place with Roman columns. Rafters and insulation were exposed without ceiling. Floor is partially bare and partially laid by wooden planks flooring. Walls are all white with weird brick embossed design with. Another side of the wall has white and orange curves in roughly finished plaster. the way to the kitchen is not through a stainless steel kitchen door but a leopard print curtain. Food is good, but really,… it’s so ugly.



1 Comments:

  • Yum! I love roti!

    I'm happy for your Wednesday girl-bonding lunches. It's really great na mostly girls na kayo ngayon. I think Ma'am Annie really needs more girls in the office e.

    By Blogger RT, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home