what twixsleepyhead does other than sleeping

Monday, December 31, 2007

A GREAT YEAR ENDER

I know I've been doing this since I came back home.... eat, eat, eat. Yeah, that's life! I learned to appreciate Manila life after living in an oriental island for 10.5 months where western food is rare, not so great and, worst of all, rip-off.

Just look at these... the great food here in Manila. Forgive me if I can't remember most of their names.

Heaven and Eggs Tomas Morato... our favorite breakfast place. For a change, I had these for dinner and not for breakfast.
This is their Pinoy salad. Highly recommended!

I used to wonder why this is called Pigs in a Blanket. After ordering this, I learned why this is so. It's a cute name for sausages that were wrapped in pancakes.

Eggs Popeye, Popeye coz they put some spinach in it.



Forest Grille at Silver City. Highly recommended. I describe their food as gourmet pinoy. Most people will give me this reaction when I tell them about this place: Huh? San yun? Silver City is behind SM Pasig, near Tiendesitas. Last time I passed by that area, there are more developments already. Looks like more food places to try.
This is their ceasar salad, if i remembered it correctly.

Bagnet... a must try!!!

Forgot what this is.

Puttanesca pasta. Typical but ok.

Callos.


Few stores away from Forest Grille is a new doughnut chain called Napoleon's. It reminds me of Cello's doughnuts, but more pricy.


Here's my year ender...

@Italiannis
Sicilian chicken salad, my favorite at Italiannis.

The shrimps in this pasta are wrapped with bacon... yum!!!


Ven, me, Cha, Drich and James at Five Cows.

We had chocolate fondue, although they should have served more fruits in proportion to the chocolate.


They have the best ice cream cakes!!! I already tried their Smores cake before. Highly recommended! Here's another thumbs up cake, the blueberry cheesecake.


This year, I was here for only five months and I've tried more variety of food that I did in the past years. It's such a regret that I did not document them all. I'm hoping that more interesting food will be available for blogging next year.

To all my friends, foodtrip-mates, thanks for the company, for helping me explore the world of food, for spending time of fun and laughter. Happy new year to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home