what twixsleepyhead does other than sleeping

Sunday, October 16, 2005

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU'RE FRUSTRATED

Friends, I’m getting burned out with my job again. Allow me to use my blog as an outlet for all my frustrations.

Here are reasons why I don’t feel like going to work:

1. I don’t wanna wear skirt everyday. Imagine me climbing up a chair to reach the marble or tile samples, or going through the tambak of marble and tiles outside the office with insects and all. I do that in skirt. And I have to carry all my preselected materials back and forth for approval. They’re kinda heavy you know.
2. I hate the canteen outside the office. Yeah, we were forced to spend lavishly for lunch to get a decent meal and to eat in peace, without the hearing the voice of Kris Aquino in Game k n b and “Wowowee” community singing as shown in TV in that lousy canteen.
3. I always do the dirty work. I spend so much time stamping RFA’s and RFI’s, which does not contribute in my learning experience. Suppliers and clients’ representatives contact me for appointments with my boss. Am I a secretary?!
4. I hate the beaurocratic system. Sometimes, I’m overwhelmed with pressure preparing the documents for release in time for the site meeting the following day, only to find out that our master encoder ignored that need of preparing the transmittal on time. So it’s really pointless.
5. Some people in our office are like government employees. Last Friday, one of our cadders wants to go home early. She said, “bakit sila, naka isang araw nang wala this week. Ako wala pa.” I’m so pissed off. I can’t even afford to take a leave to get my diploma, or to see a doctor for my back pains. I’m workload always piles up.
6. I used to say to my friends that admin work is basically everything except CAD. But now, I also some CAD work since for a time, our CAD people are busy. That’s fine with me, I can do their work when they are loaded. But why aren’t they flexible? When I’m busy and the CAD are not, they can’t even lift a finger to help the admin. It’s not that I hate the people personally. I hate the system.
7. I hate the way people steal my things. I already lost my scissors, stapler and 2 cutters. That latest incident, I was working on a big table, turned my back and it’s gone. I already had a feeling who’s the culprit. The Safeguard soap in the ladies toilet was suddenly lost right after the cutter. And there is only one lady moving around me at that time.

I dunno how I will be able to manage to go to work tomorrow. I’ll try to write on the positive side next time.

1 Comments:

  • Wish ko lang talaga for you na maka-alis ka na sa ofc na yan for good. I don't know what kind of loyalty you have. It's quite a good virtue but opinion ko lang it's bordering on martyrdom haha. Why do your bosses have such a strong hold on you? Please, do yourself a favor and no more extension please?

    By Blogger RT, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home