what twixsleepyhead does other than sleeping

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

THOUGHTS AND MORE THOUGHTS

Yesterday morning, I found out that the one who should be taking my place has backed out. It was depressing. At that same moment, I was blamed for not e-mailing a document which I thought is not really urgent. And so it was really a bad day. What if I wont be able to leave my job to take the board exams? I know it's not really my responsibility to look for a replacement since I gave my resignation letter on time and agreed to my extension until the end of the month. When I got home, i dozed off to sleep and woke up after 3 hours. I wouldn't be able to do so if my dad didn't call me up. I was just so tired.

So today is another day. I already have 2 potential trainees for interview this coming Thursday. But I don't really have much time to turn things over, which is something that makes me feel really uneasy. I know how it feels to be dumped with projects without proper orientation. It happened to me twice already and I don't want it to happen to someone else, most especially to a fresh grad.

On the other side, since I myself had been looking for a replacement who will be happy enough with the job like me and Patt, I realized how difficult it is to get that someone. This is not like cad work which is mechanical and with lots of available skilled people somewhere out there. This is something that involves a lot of patience, wayfinding and other things that are not to be expected from a first out-of-school job. I realized that I had become so comfortable in dealing with harsh situations that I would sometimes give strategies to some officemates more experienced than me. I had learned how to handle things. One of my bosses even asked me to change my resignation letter to a request for leave. This brings me then to the thought if I should really quit my job.

But future is very uncertain. I'm not sure if I will end up in my dad's office, in some other business or even in China. But most likely, I will not be employed in some other architectural firm.

I really don't know what I want to do and what I'm meant to be. That's what I want to discover soon.

2 Comments:

  • Quit your job and lets find out together ano gagawin natin sa life natin...hehe... i'm with you... still don't know what to do with my life...

    By Blogger My Haven, at 12:25 AM  

  • Maybe we're at this stage talaga na uncertain pa. Pero at least exciting di ba? Hhehehe. Let's just be glad we're girls and we're not that pressured to establish a very stable career or to save too much. (Sorry for the stereotyping) Pero ganun e. Hehehhe.

    By Blogger RT, at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home