what twixsleepyhead does other than sleeping

Sunday, August 21, 2005

KAY-SHAW

For the sake of those who haven’t heard of such term, kay-shaw is an Amoy word for introduction. Usually, this connotes to an introduction of a single male to a single female by friends, relatives, friends of friends, friends of relatives, relatives of friends, and whatever possible combination you can come up with. In modern English term, this means setting up.

So today is my 23rd birthday. I didn’t expect that I’ll be having this jologs experience before my 22nd year ends.

I innocently went home as usual on a beautiful Saturday noon. (Noon, since I wasn’t able to wake up early enough.) I was staring attentively at the TV watching Sweet 18 when the phone rang. It was my sister Sally who called me from her office downstairs. She said she want me to get into this kay-shaw thing. I politely refused, though I’m still single. Well, actually, I don’t wanna be bothered with my weekend dvd marathon. We hung up. Then she called again to inform me that her friends and their shoti are on the way. So I unwillingly changed my comfy short shorts to a more decent get up but my top was ok. I turned off the dvd and dragged myself down to the office. After a few minutes, they came, two sisters who are my sister’s business friends and their shoti. The sisters are quite cool and that’s it.

Typical Chinese guy whose skin is whiter than mine,… that I really hate…, who does his dad’s business and looks like someone who has no chance of reaching his own dream, seems like a barkada type of guy, always holding on to his cellphone…, mukhang malambot but not exactly bading, malapad… I can just imagine how he would look like once he’s married,… parang lahat ng ayaw ko sa guy. Although some of my descriptions are actually based on my gut feel of what type of guy he is. Worst of all, doesn’t even talk. If you guys ask me his name, really, I couldn’t even remember. I can only remember the name of his two sisters, Vicky and Wandy. I didn’t mean to be mean, but those are my brutally frank comments.

Aldrich suggested to me that I document all my kay-shaw moments, compile them and compare notes with Charol, who’ll probably experience the same thing, just for the fun of it.

So that’s how I ended up being 22, and I’m not hoping for more to come.

1 Comments:

  • Yup, compare tayo notes! haha! Kung ayaw mo baka gusto ko kasi opposite tayo when it comes to likes in a guy. haha!

    By Blogger My Haven, at 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home